Monday, May 3, 2010

Something's Coming, Something Good, If I Can Wait...

Oh, goodness! I might burst from expectation.

I am marveling in the words of the hymn Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, originally written in 1680 by Joachim Neander. Yet, how prevelant these words are to my heart today. Here is a recording by the Passion Worship Band, that is on repeat as I write this.


The second verse, my favorite, states:
Praise to the Lord, who over all things so wondrously reigneth,
Shelters thee under His wings, yea, so gently sustaineth!
Hast thou not seen how thy desires ever have been
Granted in what He ordaineth?

I want to scream, "Yes, yes, I see!" He has sustained and He has so gently granted our desire for this precious baby! Hallelujah! 

And this final verse I just want to shout from the mountain tops:
Praise to the Lord, O let all that is in me adore Him!
All that hath life and breath, come now with praises before Him.
Let the Amen sound from His people again,
Gladly for aye we adore Him.



Tomorrow morning at 9am we will go in for our ultrasound. Up to this point we have not seen our baby, and the expectation is not unlike that of three years ago, as I anxiously awaited my marriage to my husband. I praise the Lord for him. Never would I have imagined the years that lay ahead. Never would I have asked for the pain and the trials, but in His sovereignty he has sustained us. He created the perfect mate for me, and for that I rejoice.


So, will we have a...

or a...



Oh, Lord, I pray only for a healthy baby. I pray that he or she would be sensitive to Your voice and obedient to Your call. May his or her life be filled with joy!


Here are some photos of my belly today at 18 & 1/2 weeks. I wanted to capture this day, the day before we knew anything more about this dear little one.








It has been such a joy to see your votes for boy or girl! The "poll" for Beatrice or Weston will close in the morning. Thank you for taking time to participate in our lives. We love you and thank the Lord for you.

5 comments:

  1. praying for you as you play the waiting game today and tonight! almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your belly is so cute! I love the music you added to your blog. The O'Neill Brothers are a personal favorite. I used a lot of their music for our wedding, including their "Here Comes the Bride" which is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your baby will officially have a name tomorrow! i am BEYOND excited. more so, I can't wait to see pictures of him/her and find out the OFFICIAL due date. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear the news! I will be thinking of you tomorrow!
    Love,
    Brookie

    ReplyDelete

_