Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's May, It's May...

I knew May would be interesting. It always is.

All in one month we have our anniversary, my parent's anniversary, Mother's Day, mommy's earthly birthday, and then finally her heavenly birthday. Throw in the discovery of our precious Beatrice, reaching the halfway point of this pregnancy, and the beginning of full fledged wedding season and you have the makings of one eventful month.

As I write this I am sitting at a coffee shop in Corolla, NC while Adam photographs a wedding. I am blessed to have the company of our dear friend Chris, while his wife assists Adam through these few days.

Many thoughts and emotions have flown through me since our anniversary. I have never been so acutely aware of the presence and absence of life. Never so in-tune to a new life being knit in my womb and yet so conscience of the lack of my mother's presence. Never so expectant of that to come and regretful for that which has left.

In contrast as this pregnancy progresses I am discovering how many characteristics of my mother's graceful way of nurturing I am longing to emulate. I am finding myself engrossed in books she used to read, studying the same techniques she used, and wishing she was here to help. I feel so near to her heart, her passion, her pride, her children. I am understanding, in a way so many said I would, how dear to her I must have been. How precious. For the child in my womb, this beautiful baby girl, is already so loved, so cherished.

So, month of May, I will not be sad to see you go, but I am thankful for the lessons learned and the truths discovered.

4 comments:

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes. All I can say is that your mama is so proud of you. You're going to be a wonderful mother. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. I love how you mark her earthly and heavenly birthday. That is beautiful Lauren. I cant help but feel sad for you as I read this. BUT, also thrilled for you as baby B is obviously going to have a close relationship with you and Adam. It is clear this has already begun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will naturally nurture the way your mother did. I know it will just come to you! You don't need her books, you had the privledge of watching her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing mother! I look forward to seeing how the Lord continues to grow you as you walk through these realizations. it is a joy to be a part of yours and Adams life, thank you for letting me in. :)

    ReplyDelete

_