Sunday, May 30, 2010

Goodbye May, Hello Planning

May is coming to an end tomorrow evening and I couldn't be more grateful. I am thankful every year for the lessons learned, but oh-so-glad to be through a month filled with painful memories. 

As the month of May has passed, this pregnancy has continued to progress. I'll be 23 weeks on Tuesday, which means it's time to stop dreaming and start acting. 

I am thrilled at the little details that are coming together, (I'll try to upload pictures soon), but I would love some assistance, once again, on some of the bigger items. 

My little Bea's bedding is serving as the "design focal point". I have narrowed down my paint colors to the ones below, and I would love your vote on the poll to the side. Keep in mind that computer colors can be funny. I did choose these colors in the store, so don't worry. (If you click on the image, you'll get a much larger version.)

The pink is thrown in there due to the slight whispers of pink throughout the pattern. If you look closely you'll see the pink in the pig and the stripes in the carousel awning...
Since the Topsy Turvy fabric could become overwhelming, I'd like to keep the glider rather neutral. With your help I believe we've settled on the Yellow Fallon Rug... that is, unless we stumble upon something better in person. Now, I'd appreciate your assistance again in helping me decide upon the upholstery for the glider Baby Beatrice and I will spend many a night in. Again, there's a poll on the right. 



Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your votes, thoughts, comments, messages and loving words. Having so many share in the joys and sorrows of this journey has brought me so much happiness.

4 comments:

  1. Custard for the walls....sage for the chair.

    If you choose Custard for the walls, that is much easier to paint over later (if you wanted) PLUS, it will be easier to hang things on without the paint being a focal point more than say, pictures, or wall art. :) Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the April Mist--soft and soothing, so with that I think that I'd go with the Lexington, because as much as I love those soft pinks and linen colors, I'd be afraid that with all the wear they'd start to look a little dingy and that's probably some cleaning you won't want to have to worry about:) But I also love the sage chair if you decided to go with the ballet slipper pink wall color! looking forward to seeing it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are sharing all of this with your readers! I am so enjoying all of our design choices. April Mist is great (but still a little partial to ballet pink) and I love Serendipity Sage for the color and texture. I can't wait to see pictures once it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nasturtium or Custard for the walls - happy, sweet colors for a happy, sweet little girl. ♥ And Serendipity Sage for the chair - lovely fabric and name. :)

    ReplyDelete

_