Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May Fourth Two-Thousand and Ten - Baby Barnes Revealed

This day, our anniversary, has been redeemed. And what a glorious day it has been. My husband said it best earlier this evening, "I wish we could repeat this day all over again." For those familiar with our story, this is a reason for rejoicing in and of itself! 

We have spent the day reveling in dreams of our child and celebrating this new season with friends and family. We have been surrounded by an outpouring of love, and we acknowledge with full hearts that we are truly blessed. 

I'll not hold you in suspense any longer, for I know the true reason most of you are reading this tonight. I'll write a more detailed story soon. 

Here is the short & sweet version. 

We arrived... full of expectation...


We thoroughly enjoyed every tiny moment of our hour long ultrasound, but most especially the words, 



Words cannot express our excitement, for this precious, "bringer of joy". Again, I'll write more on the meaning and significance of this name soon.


After leaving the hospital we spent lunch with my family and the afternoon marveling at all that God had done. 

To close this magnificent day we asked several dear friends to join us for a Cake & Coffee Celebration to reveal our secret. 

Adam had previously prepared two handmade cakes, one pink - one blue, frosting the outsides white. We reveled our baby's gender by slicing into the "pink" cake and serving a piece for all to see. 





The excitement was explosive! 



We asked if everyone would join us for a photo outside, and they kindly obliged. I am in love with the excitement in every smile. 

We might not have made it through the darkest of hours without the beautiful friends pictured above. So from the bottom of my heart I thank you. You have walked beside us when few would. We love you so. 




These photos are just a small sampling of those captured today. We were so grateful to have a dear friend, (or two), around to take the ones above, but Adam has had his camera as well all day, so I'll share a more complete story with you later. 

In closing I would love to share a verse that has been so dear to me, and which a precious friend framed for me tonight. 

"Oh, my lord! As you live, my lord, I am the woman who was standing here in your presence, praying to the LordFor this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him."
1 Samuel 1:26-27 

Praise the Lord for His redeeming power!

6 comments:

  1. An "inexpressible and glorious joy" (I Peter 1:8b) We are beyond thrilled for you both. She will show you so much more about God's love and your capacity to trust that you can ever imagine. Welcome Beatrice Barnes.....you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, every post makes me cry big happy tears! So happy for you guys!! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you made me cry, so precious!! So, so delighted for you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just so excited! She is going to be so beautiful and so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly have a gift for writing. I am so blessed to know you and Adam and I am beyond excited for the two of you. I have to admit I have tears of joy in my eyes. Praying for the Lord to continue to bless your pregnancy and sweet little Beatrice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing, Lauren! Your smiles tell it all! Any time I am in need of a dose of joy I know I can come here. Can't wait to hear more about this sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete

_