Friday, April 23, 2010

Sweetness at Seventeen Weeks




This is approximately what Baby Barnes looks like today!

What a joy it is to reach a new milestone every Friday... and how I have longed for joy.

This week has been filled with beginnings... the most exciting of which would be that Thursday evening as we were falling asleep Adam was able to feel our "bringer of joy" move inside of me! He had his hand on my ever growing stomach and while I knew that this was baby's magical hour, I highly doubted that he would be able to feel the little kicks and waves from the outside. Not two minutes later did our little one decide to start dancing! I giggled with pure delight, as Adam gasped and asked if it could be that he had felt the baby right, "here", pointing exactly where the baby had just moved. I couldn't believe it. What a miracle.

We have also fully entered Wedding Season. Praise the Lord for his faithfulness and provision. This brings with it many long hours for Adam and new struggles each season as we learn again how to find time together. Now with the little one on the way my hormones are making every day an exciting adventure. I pray I'll continue to learn what it means to "rest" in Him and His sovereignty.

I also received my Topsy Turvy swatches from Javis Davis for Baby Barnes' bedding and other items on Thursday! I cannot explain the joy I get from such projects... so I think there will be many additional posts simply on the nursery as it progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

_