Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sixteen going on Seventeen

This week has been filled with changes and growth; both physically and in life.

Physically: I believe I have officially, "popped", although I try to stay in snug fitting clothes so that it's obvious to those around me. I think I am beginning to feel my precious baby move inside of me! At first I felt flutters, then it began to feel as if a small fish were swimming around in my abdomen. Though it sounds strange, I wouldn't trade it for anything. At times I can imagine the baby doing somersaults. I think the baby responds to singing, particularly broadway, which might bring the bring the biggest smile to my face.

Living: This new season has brought with it a new longing for my mother. I have much enjoyed the book Motherless Daughters, by Hope Edelman; in which an entire chapter is devoted to when the daughter becomes a mother. She describes at length the natural tendency for a woman to become dependent upon two people during pregnancy; her mother and her husband. When her mother is absent, her husband is left with the burden of supporting the needs of his spouse. My heart breaks for Adam and all that weighs on him. This world is broken and I expectantly wait for the day all will be restored.

I am feeling wonderful and can definitely testify to a renewed energy in the 2nd Trimester.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you DO have a baby belly! It really does happen overnight :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, You have me crying girl!!!! This blog is just straight precious--every picture and every word. I saw that you love that verse (hannah's prayer), and I love it too. It was kind of the "theme" verse of my pregnancy as well. Anyway, I got this (http://www.redletterwords.com/index.cfm?action=ViewDetails&ItemID=49&Category=-1) for Christmas. It was by far my favorite gift. I love walking into the nursery and remembering God's answer to my prayers. (Sometimes you need that reminder at 3am.) My prayers are with you and Adam during this time. I pray you feel your mom's presence and love every day. Love, Katie Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren! I found your blog link on FB and love that you are sharing your journey into motherhood. May God bless you and Adam during this special time!

    ReplyDelete

_