Saturday, July 24, 2010

Overwhelming Thankfulness

Tonight, as I ponder all the blessings of today I would be remiss if I did not write of my thankfulness. 

What a labor of love I was showered with today. My heart is filled to overflowing. I wish there were words to express this measure of gratitude. 

At times I do not understand our Lord's sovereignty; but today I am resting in His gentle mercies. Why was my mother not here today to share in this joy among such beautiful women? Why must friends suffer? Why must hearts break? Of these things I am not sure, but I here, at this moment am sure that, "...the Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you." 2 Peter 3:9 

He has fulfilled His promise, and I pray that I will always remember Hannah's prayer of rejoicing.“Oh, my lord! As you live, my lord, I am the woman who was standing here in your presence, praying to the Lord. For THIS CHILD I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him." 1 Samuel 1:26-27

Oh, Beatrice. you are so loved. So cherished. So anxiously awaited. Today women surrounded and uplifted you in prayer. You are not even here with us, and yet you are precious to so many. They prayed so tenderly over your mother and father asking for wisdom and patience. You received such beautiful gifts that I cannot wait to show you. What a wonderful time it was. 

Dear friends, may God richly bless each one of you for all you did today. I cannot wait to post pictures of all your hard work and my, almost comical, faces of joy. As we unpack all of your generous gifts into her room over the next few weeks I know there will be even more tears.

Sleep well, all my friends, and may you, "dream of lovely things and wake to find them real." 

3 comments:

  1. Lauren, you looked radiantly beautiful today, I can't wait to see you with your sweet Beatrice in your arms, I am sure that no child has ever been loved more. You and Adam are going to be such wonderful parents, your joy, even through pain, is contagious. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    You write such beautiful posts. What a blessing to see God shining through your life and words. May He richly bless you and guide you as you and Adam become new parents :).

    ReplyDelete

_