Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Fullness of Life & Room Transformation #1

These past weeks have been full. Full of preparation of life to come and life of the moment. I cannot wait to share more of what the Lord has in store.

I have been blessed with beautiful friends that fill my life to overflowing. My precious Julie, Leslie and Emily who are hosting my first baby shower this coming weekend, (they simply have no idea how grateful I am to celebrate God's unfailing mercies with such special women.) My dear Mauresa and Jessica who are also lovingly ministering to my precious little one with a night of sweetness soon. Kristin, whom, together with her sister Jessica, I recently had the honor of throwing a shower for (pictures to come soon). And gentle souls like Kelley, Kelly, Whitney and Peggy who speak words of soothing balm to my broken soul in the perfect moments.

These women are gifts. May I never think otherwise. 

I also have a husband who was gracious enough to extend a DC wedding trip into Sunday so that we can pick up some basics for our Bea's nursery at the Woodbridge IKEA. 

My now 30-week-old daughter is growing and growing; constantly reminding me of her impending presence. I'm sure many of you mommies remember almost forgetting in the midst of preparations that at the end of this journey there will be a new life. What a miracle. 

But the preparations still must be made. 

So it is time to begin the Nursery Transformation. I am so eager to watch as the small details come together. 
Painting and other small construction projects will prayerfully happen this weekend, so it is only appropriate for you to view the room as it looked prior to the 15 paint swatches.

This was our canvas... 




The window seat is a favorite. 


We found this piece months ago... so I'm including it as part of the "before". 


Remember, Painting and Patience? Well, just for laughs, here is a peek at part of the learning experience. (This was even before two additional colors...) Please note that the above images were taken with Adam's camera... the images below, with mine. 








Remember "Custard"? Ha!


We have yet to decide upon a color, but we are sure that we will...

I needed these verses today... 

"But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." 2 Peter 3:8-9

May your day be filled with fulfilled promises. 




2 comments:

  1. yay for starting, we're finally picking up paint this weekend!! It's really happening!! I love your color pallet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren Lauren Lauren You are so creative and it is all for His Glory Keep keeping the focus Love Barbie

    ReplyDelete

_